Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cookin' for the crew!

I'm not sure where time goes. It seems there is never time to write as often as I should. Life has been very busy for the last few months. I hear everybody saying, "Amen",so I won't bore you with my long list of excuses for not blogging.

Life seems to have a way of getting us all running at a faster pace on the treadmill of life than our feet can comfortably carry us. Sometimes my heart is screaming, "Stop the treadmill!! Let me off!" But then it seems, something just keeps driving me on and I struggle to pick up pace. Thank God for His strength. Many times, I just take on things that I'm sure I don't need to be doing...but then who's going to do it? I wear many hats and titles.

For the past few weeks I've been the 'cook' for several hungry men who are working on our church yard. From 6:30am and mid morning coffee to dinner and supper, I've been busy cooking and baking. Now I guess I could have let them go a few miles down the road to a cafe to eat. But if i had done that, they would be off work for an hour and a half. This way I maximise their work time here. I must confess that when I started this, I had no idea that I would be doing this for several weeks. Once they knew there was great food (so they say) served here, it seems they don't miss a meal. They've even been bringing others!

They have dug up the area around the front of the church basement and fixed where we were having water problems in the church basement. They took the grade down a couple feet along the side of the church so that the water will run away and graded off the back yard too. They have put in several loads of crush rock and hopefully they will pave tomorrow. It will be great to have it all done and get life back to 'normal'.

No comments: